Lunsford Yokomo YZ-4 SF "Super Duty" Titanium Turnbuckles are CNC machined and thread rolled in house from domestic US 6AL/4V grade 5 titanium. If you want to put your car on a diet, this is one of the best places to start eliminating weight, without sacrificing strength.
NOTE: Rod End Resize: Increase the inner diameter your rod ends with the supplied 1/8" drill bit. A small cordless drill works best on a slow speed. Use a paper clip or similar item to first measure the depth of the threaded area of the rod end. Use that measurement to mark the drill bit. Use a pinion gear to set the depth of the drill bit to ensure you do not drill beyond the existing depth of the rod end.
3.5mm SUPER DUTY Titanium Turnbuckles:
- 3.5mm SUPER DUTY Turnbuckles greatly increase the strength over the standard 3mm turnbuckles. Lunsford spent years adapting this concepts to a variety of 1:10 products and have found this is needed for today's high bite, high speed carpet, astroturf and high traction clay surfaces.
- Making room in the plastic is necessary and achieved by the included drill bit. Plastic integrity is not lost as we maintain zero voids between the turnbuckle threads and plastic rod ends.
- The turnbuckles included are for stock configuration turnbuckle placement. In some instances, you may need to purchases additional sizes to adapt to all turnbuckle placement options. However, Lunsford has found the manufacturers and racers tend to lean towards set-ups that stay within the limits of the stock lengths.
- Total Weight of Turnbuckles: 11.9 grams
Benefits of Lunsford Titanium:
- Grade 5 Titanium is roughly a 45% weight savings over steel.
- Always and only domestic Grade 5 (Ti-6Al-4V) Titanium
- Grade 5 fatigue strength is 530-630 (MPa). Grade 2 is 250.
- Grade 5 shear strength is 600-710 (MPa). Grade 2 is 270.
- Grade 5 tensile strength is 1000 to 1190. Grade 2 is 420.
- Grade 5 strength to weight is 2x that of Grade 2.
- Nano accurate threading process
- Machined from Made in the USA center-less ground titanium
- From raw material to the finished product, all Lunsford Grade 5 titanium is born and bred in the USA.
- Manufactured in Albany, Oregon USA at the Lunsford compound.
- 100% USA sourced, produced, designed and developed.
- (3) 3.5mm x 41mm SUPER DUTY Titanium Turnbuckles (Steering and Drag Link)
- (2) 3.5mm x 46mm SUPER DUTY Titanium Turnbuckles (Front Camber)
- (2) 3.5mm x 50mm SUPER DUTY Titanium Turnbuckles (Rear Camber)
- (1) 1/8" Drill Bit
- (1) Lunsford Decal