A legend within the international modelling community, the GodHand GH-SPN-120 focusses on achieving the most efficient, cleanest possible part removal from plastic kit sprues or runners. If you build a lot of kits, or you're a modeller dealing with exhaustive numbers of tiny, easily damaged plastic parts, such as individual tank track links, you'll truly appreciate the precision of cut and the smoothness of operation provided by the Ultimate Nipper. It is the benchmark against which all other plastic nippers are compared!
Due to the sharpness of the GH-SPN-120 cutting blade, you can obtain a smooth surface with little to no plastic whitening or gouging and with a minimum of scraping, sanding and polishing. This greatly improves kit construction efficiency, allowing you to speed through assembly steps without those often frustrating hours of sprue gate removal and clean up. The neat cut provided by the GH-SPN-120 Ultimate Nipper is also perfect for those whom do not wish to paint their model, a feature highly desirable to snap-fit model builders in particular.
Suitable for plastics only, these nippers can be used on PS, PP, ABS and PE resins to 3mm, with transparent/translucent PS resin being limited a maximum of 1mm.
* Arguably the most precise, smoothest plastic kit sprue gate cutter available.
* Material: Special tool steel (manufactured by Kobe Steel Works).
* Total length: Approx 120mm.
* Weight: Approx 60g.
* Blade hardness: HRC 58 or more.
* Single-edged specification.
* Soft grip.
* Original nipper cap included.
* Made in Japan.
Tips & Safety:
- For safety, always wear protective glasses, gloves and other protective gear.
- Cuttings may become projectiles. Use away from fragile objects & other people.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Apply oil to the metal shaft & cutting edge to prevent rust.
- Do not twist nipper while cutting, this may break the blades.
- Do not cut plastic longer than the nipper blades, this may break them.
- Do not use cutting tool to pry other objects.
- Do not touch the cutting edge directly with your fingers, use a brush.
- Do not use on plastic over cutting capacity.
- Do not cut metal, including wire.