Due to popular demand, FrSky has released the 2015 version X4R-SB with CPPM output. This upgrade turns output 1 into 8-channel CPPM, with the rest of the outputs becoming additional PWM channels. On the X4R-SB CPPM and SBUS are both available without the need of reflashing or jumpering any signal pins.
There are two binding options:
- Binding without the jumper retains the original X4R-SB behaviour, PWM on channels 1-3 and SBUS on output 4
- Binding with jumper on signal pins 2 & 3, turns output 1 into CPPM channels 1-8, outputs 2 & 3 become PWM channels 9 & 10, and output 4 is still SBUS.
NOTE: To use this with Taranis radios that had EU compliant firmware installed, you need to flash the X4R-SB CPPM with the EU version firmware also. Firmware can be download on FrSky website.
- Smart Port enabled, realizing two-way full duplex transmission
- External analog telemetry port (AD2) for basic voltage monitoring
- Lighter weight and physically smaller than X8R and X6R receivers
- With RSSI PWM output (0~3.3V) on board
- Output options: PWM, CPPM and SBUS output options, up to 16 channels available
- Dimension: 40*22.5*6mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 5.8g
Number of Channels:
- Used as X4R-SB without CPPM: 3/16 Channels
- Used as X4R-SB with CPPM: 2/16 Channels
- Operating Voltage Range: 4.0~10V
- Operating Current: 100mA@5V
- Operating Range: full range (>1.5km)
- With RSSI output on board: PWM voltage output (0~3.3V)
- Firmware: User Upgradable (Default is non-EU firmware)
- Compatibility: FrSky X-series modules and FrSky transmitters. Does not work with D-series modules