NOTE: Traxxas VXL Brushless models are 3S/2S LiPo compatible; XL-5 Brushed models are only 2S LiPo compatible! Keep this in mind when choosing a battery for your Traxxas model.
This is the Traxxas 3S, 11.1V, 4000mAh, 25C "Power Cell" Li-Poly Battery Pack with iD Traxxas Connector. This battery requires a Traxxas iD equipped LiPo charger to balance-charge!
Traxxas Certified iD-Equipped LiPo batteries are engineered to provide the punch and on-demand power for reaching the top speeds that Traxxas models are built to achieve. Available in a full range of capacities in 2-cell (2S) and 3-cell (3S) configurations, Traxxas Power Cell iD-Equipped LiPo batteries are engineered specifically to fit Traxxas models and maximize their full performance potential. Only Traxxas gives you more of what you want most: simple installation, a great price, and the most speed and run time available.
Revolutionary concepts come in all shapes and sizes, and the patented Traxxas High-Current Connector defines the new standard for efficiency, ease of use, and high-current handling. On iD-equipped Traxxas LiPo batteries, the balance connectors are integrated into the Traxxas High-Current Connector eliminating fragile balance wires and connectors, along with the need for external balance boards.
With today's brushless motors and high-density, high-discharge battery packs, using a wimpy connector is like attaching a garden hose to a fire hydrant. The pressure is there but the flow is strangled with resistance. Traditional connectors are simply not up to the task.
The patented Traxxas High-Current Connector flows current like a firehose with virtually zero voltage loss due to power-robbing resistance. The patented Traxxas connector is a better-engineered solution for real-world use. Large, textured surfaces on the plug bodies are easy for fingers to grip and the clever reverse-polarity protection makes Traxxas High-Current Connectors virtually impossible to plug in backwards. Shrouded wire connections eliminate the extra steps to install heat shrink tubing. Beefy, gold-plated copper terminals with large, spring-loaded contact areas ensure a perfect connection every time. Even after thousands of uses, Traxxas High Current Connectors maintain their precision feel and incredibly low resistance.
NOTE: Traxxas LiPo Batteries should only be used in vehicles equipped with low voltage protection.
- Semi-Rigid Construction: Traxxas Power Cell LiPO packs use a unique construction method that results in a firm, rugged, and compact pack that does not require a hard case. This allows Power Cell LiPo's to offer greater capacity in a given size, and also allows the user to easily monitor the condition of their battery. Unlike a hard-cased pack, if a Power Cell LiPo "puffs" or softens due to damage or abuse, the user can easily see and feel the change in the pack. Plus, there are no wire harness connectors that can loosen and fail over time.
- Oversized Discharge Tabs: Power Cell LiPo's are constructed of premium cells with extra-wide discharge tabs. The discharge tabs are the actual contact points between the cells, so maximizing their surface area is critical to maximize pack performance. Power Cell LiPOs' extra-wide tabs ensure minimum resistance so more power and capacity is delivered on every run.
- Hard-Wired for Maximum Durability and Performance: Power Cell LiPo packs feature High Current Connectors with 12-gauge Maxx Cable wire, soldered directly to the LiPo cells. Bullet connectors found on other packs introduce additional connections, increase resistance, and allow accidental reversed-polarity connections. Power Cell LiPo's rugged, hard-wired connection minimizes resistance to make sure all the power from your battery is used for greater speed and longer run times.
- Maxx Cable: Every component of a battery pack contributes to its performanceÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Âand that includes the wires. Traxxas MaxxÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Cable's 12AWG multi-strand wire offers extremely low resistance so power is not wasted as heat, and the fine strands allow excellent flexibility for easy installation and reduced stress on the pack's solder joints. Soft, silicone insulation protects against shorting without compromising flexibility. Maxx Cable is simply the finest and most efficient wire available, and the only wire good enough for Traxxas Power Cell battery packs.
- Center Wire Exit: Traxxas LiPo packs have a center wire exit to properly fit Traxxas models with wire reliefs in the chassis. You get perfect battery fit without crushed wires or cut insulationÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Âthat means longer life for your LiPo battery.
- Factory Fit: Traxxas Power Cell LiPo's are designed to fit Traxxas models so you get the most capacity possible. Forget the foam blocks! Special "7-Cell" sized pack configurations maximize the capacity in your Slash, Slash 4x4 and other Traxxas models. The wires exit from the center of the pack to line up with the relief channels in Traxxas' chassis for a pinch-free fit. There are packs for every Traxxas vehicle, each guaranteed to fit properly and deliver the performance built into our models.
- Lifetime Battery Exchange Program: Traxxas stands by Power Cell LiPo batteries with the best warranty and exchange program available. For the first year of ownership, Traxxas will replace any battery found to be defective at no cost. After one year, any Power Cell LiPo battery in any condition can be exchanged for a new equivalent battery for just 50% of the new pack's list price, no questions asked!
Total Capacity: 4000
Continuous Discharge: 25C (100A)
Max Burst Rate: 50C (200A)
Watt Hours: 44.40
Max Charge Rate: 2C (8A)
Weight: 11.1oz (316g)
CHARGING NOTE: This battery can only be safely charged with a Traxxas iD Battery Charger. NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, charge this battery using a non Traxxas iD Battery Charger.